commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [FileUpload] Changes committed
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:56:10 GMT

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Thierry De Leeuw wrote:

> Martin,
>
> To ease the development and the maintenance, is it possible to
> * have only one bug fix or enhancement per revision. (easier if there is a
> need to rollback and if someone wants to see the implementation of a
> specific change)

This is generally how things are done. However, in this case, it would
have been more work to *not* fix some of the bugs as the code was being
reworked to accommodate the larger changes. The main reasons that the
commit message was too large was because there are several new classes
required to fix the problems, and because some existing classes were
refactored.

> * create a bug report for every change applied and
> 	- take the bug number as reference in the revision comment. (easy to find
> what was the purpose of a change later on)
> 	- update the bug record to mention what files were impacted and which
> revision implements the change.

If the people who report the bug file a bug report, then I update the bug
reports when the bugs are fixed. If they don't file a bug report, then I'm
not likely to spend my time doing it. Bug reports are updated with the
date of the nightly build within which they are fixed.

> To mark a release, a simple tag can do it.

Releases are always tagged.

--
Martin Cooper