commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts Validator, Help!!!
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:02:52 GMT

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Clint David Myers wrote:

> I have a question...
>
> Is it possible for the Struts validator to perform only a subset of the defined validations
with the "validation.xml" file?

The Validator is here in Commons because it is not Struts-specific - it's
not the Struts Validator, it's the Commons Validator. ;-)

That said, your question appears to be about Struts-specific usage of the
Validator, in which case you will likely get a much better response to
your question if you post it to the struts-user mailing list.

--
Martin Cooper

> Here is a scenerio.
> Lets say I have a page that has 15 fields.
> A design requirement comes along for a WAP implementation. In that requirement I will
split
> the original screen into 3 screens, each with five fields. All three screens obviously
share the same
> form object.
>
> I want to reuse the original save action that the original screen used. I can chain all
three pages together, so
> that the first two screens have a "next" button, while the last has the "save" button.
The two "next" buttons