commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query: Hosting Avalon Components
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:54:49 GMT

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Juozas Baliuka wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:15:42 +0200
> From: Juozas Baliuka <baliuka@mwm.lt>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Query: Hosting Avalon Components
>

> BTW I made this mistake myself sandbox/simplestore (dead).

I don't think that should be considered a "mistake" -- one of the purposes
of the sandbox is to let Jakarta committers throw up some experiments and
see if they can attract a community of developers.  This is not always
going to succeed, but it'll succeed a lot more often than if you just
leave the code on your own hard disk ;-).

Successes (measured by things that ultimately got promoted to Commons
proper) include betwixt, cli, fileupload, jelly, jexl, lang, and
validator.  That's not a bad track record, IMHO.

If you want visibility to people using Avalon, I'd certainly start by
making sure your components are visible via <http://avalon.apache.org>.

Craig