commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query: Hosting Avalon Components
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:46:46 GMT

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Juozas Baliuka wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:08:37 +0200
> From: Juozas Baliuka <baliuka@mwm.lt>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Query: Hosting Avalon Components
>
> I think it is possible, but I believe Avalon subproject must be a better
> place.
> Do you believe Avalon components will have community in commons ?
>

>From a "marketing" perspective :-), if I were an Avalon developer I'd want
to draw people to the Avalon website, and a library of already-developed
reusable Avalon-based components would seem to be a pretty useful
attractor.  I wouldn't want to send people elsewhere.

But that's just my strange (business degree) background talking ...

Craig

PS:  An Avalon component wrapper around the functionality of an existing
Commons package would seem perfectly reasonable to stick into that Commons
package's sources -- in the same way that one might include, say, an Ant
custom task to invoke it if you're using Ant.