commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [mavenized commons][HELP] logging/discovery needs help
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:01:44 GMT
There are a lot of minor issues like this in the jakarta commons website.

For what it's worth, my preference would be to:

1) By strong convention, place the component pages at
jakarta.apache.org/commons/<component>/index.html instead of
jakarta.apache.org/commons/<component>.html

2) Generate these pages by whatever build script suits the component
development team ("maven site", "ant xdoc", what have you)

3) Publish those docs "manually" via scp rather than checking them in to
cvs and using cvs update for the publish (i.e., remove
jakarta-commons/docs)

While the "image of the website in CVS" provides some utility, I think the
costs far outweigh the benefits.  Going through CVS is a major hassle (for
the committer and anyone who does a checkout) when dealing with lots of
generated files (e.g., javadocs, source xrefs, test coverage reports).

I think simplifing the publication process would lead to more complete,
up-to-date and generally useful pages on the site.

 - Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>