commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sandra Mema <threedi...@yahoo.de>
Subject [beanutils] Uppercased PropertiyDescriptor
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:09:29 GMT

 Working with Digester trying to process such a XML
 file:
 <Order>
         <BestBid>0</BestBid>
         <Fragile>0</Fragile>
         <ADR_UN_ID>UN</ADR_UN_ID>
         <ADR_Class>4</ADR_Class>
         <ADRUnNumber>3164</ADRUnNumber>
 </Order>

 we are not able to populate the bean for the fields
 BestBid and Fragile. The reason is that in the
 PropertyUtils.class form BeanUtils the method
 getPropertyDescriptor(... , ...)  will get the
 property descriptor from java.beans.BeanInfo as they
 are read for it, as follow:

     setBestBid -------> bestBid

 without considering the uppercasing variant. I have
 patch the method for my porposes so it consider the
 diferent variants like :  <aDRESS , <Adress

 Should I report it as a bug or it is actually my XML
 file not in accordance with the standard?

 Thanks,

 S.