commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee / Purple Technology <g...@stinky.com>
Subject [lang] process question: fixing bug on the fly
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 18:52:23 GMT
While converting the string escape routines to use uppercase, I
discovered and fixed a bug in the original unescape.  (If a string to
be unescaped ended with a unicode escape, it would discard it.)

Since this bug existed in 1.0, I'm not sure what the right procedure
is for making sure this bugfix gets into the release notes or other
documentation, so upgrading users are aware of it.

Should I file a bug report and close it immediately?

Should I add it to RELEASE-NOTES.txt?  That file seems to be out of
date...

Thanks -

 - Alex

--