commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons-Logging 1.0.3 Released
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 23:47:16 GMT

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:59:30 +0100
> From: robert burrell donkin <rdonkin@apache.org>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Cc: community@apache.org
> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons-Logging 1.0.3 Released
>

> On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 10:20 PM, Costin Manolache wrote:
>
> > Could you also upload the jars, in the binary directory ? It would
> > simplify
> > the life of those who want to automatically download dependencies.

I think this would be a backwards-incompatible change in the release
policy (if it replaced the existing distros that include the Javadocs).
It would also be redundant with the fact that people will check the JAR
file into their favorite download repository (ibiblio or whatever) anyway,
so what's the point of doing so here as well?

Craig