commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee / Purple Technology <g...@stinky.com>
Subject Re: [collections] XxxUtils inner classes
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:05:52 GMT
On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:10:51PM -0500, Shapira, Yoav wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> >import org.apache.commons.collections.* good.
>
> Import org.apache.commons.collections.[onlyTheClassYouNeed] is good.
>
> Import .* is annoying and all the jakarta projects should have import
> cleanups as part of their build.xml IMHO.

Oh, God, not this debate again.

Look, there are two camps here, and I'm in the * camp and you're in
the explicit-import camp.  There's no need to structure things so that
one camp is going to be angry, even if you don't agree with their
reasons for being angry.  Organizing classes by maximal cohesion
should satisfy everyone.

(If you like, I'd be happy to debate with you *off-list* and show you
the error of your anal ways :-))

--
Alex Chaffee                               mailto:alex@jguru.com
Purple Technology - Code and Consulting    http://www.purpletech.com/