commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] Some more lobbying for the OrderedSet class
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:45:00 GMT
Ok,

I'll wait for Henri to tell us more about the decorators. In the end,
all I need is a Set which keeps its elements in the addition-order. If
it's a decorator for HashSet or a new class, I don't actually care. :-)

But it would be a shame if the next collection release wouldn't contain
one or the other.

	Regards
		Henning

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 11:22, scolebourne@btopenworld.com wrote:
> FYI, I support the adding of OrderedSet to [collections]. I have held off because Henri
made some indications that he was going to add full support for this concept as a decorator.
I didn't want two competing implementations. Henri??

> (LinkedHashSet is JDK1.4, so is only relevant for [collections] discussions as an aside.
I don't think you can get the class for earlier JDKs.)