commons-dev mailing list archives

From tobr...@transolutions.net (O'brien, Tim)
Subject RE: [VOTE] distribute the compiled .jar binaries as part of the /dist
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 04:58:53 GMT
As long as the jar itself contains a copy of the license in META-INF or the
root of the archive this is no different from distribuing a zip or a tgz
file.

"Costin Manolache" <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This proposal is to add .jar binaries to the distribution.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [X] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -0
> [ ] -1
>
> I think this is a majority vote ( so no requirement to give valid
> reason if -1 ).

....there have been so many conversations relating to repositories lately
that I've completely lost track....  There was a repository@ mailing list
established after a long conversation on community@ and infrastructure@,
there were a few proposals.  Some people even chimed in with threats to just
implement a system outside of the discussion......