commons-dev mailing list archives

From tobr...@transolutions.net (O'brien, Tim)
Subject RE: [digester] RegexRules
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 21:16:10 GMT
The question at hand:  Would it be valuable to have a indirection layer for
RegExp?

You talk of anger?  I don't see it.

I simply see that people have a freedom to choose between different logging
implementations, LogKit, Log4J, JDK14 logging.

> >I think I'd disagree that Logging is not speed-sensitive. It's usually
> >one of the biggest deals, that logging when turned off does not hurt
> >speed. I'm probably reading your statement wrong.
> >

> Yes it is speed sensitive but not in the same way or to the
> same degree as a
> regex engine.

I don't see a measurable performance penalty being added for
commons-logging.  This is a False Dilemma.