commons-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Modeler][Vote] 1.1 release
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:13:47 GMT
I think modeler is now relatively stable.

It is still backward compatible with the 1.0 API - so even if a lot
of things were added/changed, I think it should be called 1.1.

I would like to build the first milestone of 1.1 and release it - so
other projects can use something stable ( tomcat5.0 or 4.1 ).

If I get the 3 +1 votes, I will also like to start marking all stable
APIs - including the ones from 1.0 - and add few deprecations.

My proposal is to use @since tag as a mark for a supported API - any
method not having a @since tag should be considered as not frozen.

New features:
- support for extracting metadata using introspection
- reads the metadata using DOM or .ser files
- ant tasks for JMX operations
- support for mlet-like files ( same syntax as the ant tasks - but doesn't
require ant )
- many bug fixes and small performance improvements

Votes ?

Costin