commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Silly Build question
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:12:08 GMT

conf stands for 'config' or 'configuration'.

When you install ASF Httpd from source, your configuration goes into a
conf/ directory so it might be an apache thing, the same for other
products I imagine, though I can't think of any right now. It's not just
for manifests, it might have web.xml, log4j.properties, jndi.propertis etc
etc.

As to why the manifest task is not used, I've no idea. Maybe the original
template/project pre-dated the manifest task, or maybe it's just easier to
think of the manifest as a file and not as a generation from a task.

I'm not sure if our [Lang] maven project.xml uses that manifest though,
something to research if we're going to use maven to generate builds.

Hen