commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [LANG] Bugzilla id 17882
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:46:00 GMT

Personally I'm against them.

If we do this method, why are we not adding a char override for every
method that takes a String as an argument in that way? ie) countMatches,
chomp/chompLast[after renaming], getNestedString, indexOfAny, leftPad,
replace, reverseDelimitedString, strip etc.

Is there any reason why split/join are special?

StringUtils is already huge and adding lots of overrides just seems to
make it even larger. Just looking at the javadoc, I have to wonder why we
need the Object[] and the Iterator [okay, i'm actually for this one] and
why we don't have an Iterator option for concatenate.

Just my -2 new pence :)

Hen