commons-dev mailing list archives

From bob mcwhirter <...@werken.com>
Subject Re: [CLI] Version 2.0 - API
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 16:54:34 GMT
> Do you suggest to use the Functor API (from jakarta-commons-functor) for
> this purpose ?
>
> BTW, I really appreciate the new CLI API... I am still investigating to
> see if the command-line parser can process arguments like the cvs command:
>
> cvs [CVS OPTIONS]... <command> [COMMAND OPTIONS]... [modules]...
>
> With CLI 1.0 it was quite tricky to do such a thing (or maybe I just
> missed something in the docs...)

I can't answer authoratatively, but at one point, we had a stopOnFirstNonOpt
that would allow you to parse [CVS OPTIONS] up to the <command> and
then parser the remainder of the command-line, starting with <command>
through another phase.

So, giving you CVS Options obj, and an Options for each <command>.

John, did we lose that functionality along the way?

	-bob
	(btw, John, you still kick ass as the CLI maven!)