commons-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Sitze <rsi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [logging] Class Loading Problems
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 04:06:47 GMT
I'm partially responsible for the current classloading scheme.  I'd sure
like to understand what your problems are.  Can you describe a
step-by-step scenario that demonstrates what you see happening, and why
you think it's not correct?

Likewise, for any code changes that you make, please help me understand
what you are doing differently, and why.  Remember that it's important
that you preserve current behavior (fixing if broken is OK, changing
because you don't agree with it isn't... admittedly a subtle distinction,
but one I've gone to some effort to adhere to).

Richard A. Sitze
IBM WebSphere WebServices Development

Hi,
this misunderstanding is not any kind of problem,
I yust do not know all convensions and have problems with my english.
 I will try to fix this problem on weekend, it must trivial to solve for
some of situations,
 proposed solution "class loader priority" will not wok 100%, but it will
work then "ThreadContextClassLoader" is
the "SystemClassLoader". All problems I have saw on user lists (problem in
logging and lang) are caused by
 "SystemClassLoader" = "ThreadContextClassLoader", but
"AppLicationClassLoader" != "SystemClassLoader".

Howdy,

>>>can I add myself to logging comiters list and fix this problem ?
>>
>> No, you can't make yourself a committer.  You are welcome to open bug
>
>A commons committer can participate in any common component.

I know -- it was my misunderstanding.  I should've checked if the person
was already committer for other commons things.  I apologize ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

proprietary
sender.  Thank you.