commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [logging] commons-logging and log4.configuration
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:13:49 GMT
> After all, you'd have to do this anyway if you were *not* using
> commons-logging and were just using a particular logging implementation
> directly.
Thats the crux of the argument.  I was coming at the problem from the
point of view that a user could change the logging implementation by
one simple change.  On reflection, if a user is going to do this, then
they
already have knowledge of specific logging implementations.  It follows
that they should be able to setup the configuration of that
implementation
if they so choose.  The end-game from a commons-logging perspective is
that no code changes are required.  I understand now.

Thanks,
-John K