commons-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: [jexl] div
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:21:02 GMT

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 05:10 PM, bob mcwhirter wrote:

> Howdy--
>
> Jexl seems to implement 'div' as simple division, instead of
> the pair with 'mod'.  I'd like to correct it.  Was this a design
> though, for 'div' to be divison, and not the typical div operator?
>
> 	-bob

It's supposed to be /.  There is supposed to be a pairing of / and div,
% and mod as far as I can read the JSTL spec.

However, if you need both / and the real div, we should consider it.
It's a break from JSTL, something that worries me.  (Although it can be
fairly argued we aren't compatible, I am hoping to get that way...)

geir

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)