commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Please let us start to improve the connection pool
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:42:03 GMT

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Juozas Baliuka wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:14:49 +0200
> From: Juozas Baliuka <baliuka@centras.lt>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [DBCP] Please let us start to improve the connection pool
>
> Is it for drivers like postgresql jdbc ? It returns thread safe connection
> (but I do not trust and do use this feature).

IIRC, it was originally added to assist applications that always found
themselves running out of connections, even at low volumes of transactions
(so it was not an issue of too many simultaneous requests).  Normally,
that means the app is borrowing connections and not returning them -- at
some point, you run out.

Craig