commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee / Purple Technology <g...@stinky.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Nominate Alex Chaffee as Commons committer
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:38:29 GMT
Aw, shucks, guys, I'm speechless.  I want to thank the Academy... I
want to thank my parents for not practicing birth control...  I want
to thank Brian Behlendorf for making all this possible...  This
nomination may perhaps be found by future generations as a trifle
eccentric, but the mere fact of it -- the prodigal, pure, human
kindness of it -- must be seen as a beautiful star in that firmament
which shines upon me at this moment, dazzling me a little, but filling
me with warmth and the extraordinary elation, the euphoria that
happens to so many of us at the first breath of the majestic glow of a
new tomorrow.

>From the top of this moment, in the solace, in the kindly emotion that
is charging my soul and my heart at this moment, I thank you for this
great gift which lends me such a very splendid part in this, your
glorious occasion.  Thank you.

 - Sir Alex Olivier

--
Alex Chaffee                               mailto:alex@jguru.com