commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Idle time on connection not reset when working with connection?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:57:55 GMT
Within [pool] (and hence [dbcp]), an object is considered "active"  when
it has been borrowed (in dbcp, via getConnection or prepareStatement) but
not yet returned (in dbcp, via close).  An object is considered "idle"
when it is not "active" (i.e., after it has been returned to the pool but
before it has been borrowed again.)

Hence a long running transaction will not be impacted by idle object
eviction.

The "AbandonedObjectPool" has different (orthogonal) semantics, dealing
with how long an active object has been active, I think by design.