commons-dev mailing list archives

From Herve Quiroz <herve.qui...@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Subject Re: [CLI] Version 2.0 - API
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 16:57:06 GMT

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, John Keyes wrote:

> Can you give an example where you would need to use it?  It sounds
> like a good idea but I can't think of an obvious use.

Well, I don't know for the post-processing, but specifying predicates for
arguments could be nice. For example IsIntegerPredicate or
IsAnExistingFilenamePredicate... In case the predicate does not return
true, the parser throws a ParseException (maybe with nested information
about the predicate). Hence, when parsing is done, we're sure the
arguments are exactly what they're expected to be.

Herve