commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Juozas Baliuka" <bali...@centras.lt>
Subject Re: [Attributes] dependancy on Logging
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 18:15:55 GMT

Hi,

> Hi folks,
>
> Can we consider one of two solutions for this _single_ use of commons
> logging
>
> 1) Removal of the commons-logging from attributes?
>
> 2) Backwards compatible rework that will allow the application to run
> without commons logging in the classpath (or classloader tree for
> complex deployments).

I undersatnd this single use is not pragmatic,  do you have problems with
classloading in logging ?
I have promissed to fix class loading in this component, it depends on
ThreadContext classloader and
it was a problem with this strategy in phoenix a year ago.
logging works on phoenix at this time, does not it ?