commons-dev mailing list archives

From "George Franciscus" <george.francis...@nexcel.ca>
Subject [BeanUtils] Submitting a patch
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2003 15:55:04 GMT
I've made very good use of the BeanUtils package, so I've decide to pay it back a little by
contributing a small patch. I saw a "FIX ME" in RowSetDynaClass suggesting to abstract functionality
to support this class and ResultSetDynaClass.

This is my first patch, so I'm not entirely clear how to get this "promoted". I've made modifications
to both RowSetDynaClass and ResultSetDynaClass and created an abstract JDBCDynaClass to consolidate
logic for the other two. The new JDBCDynaClass has package visibility since I can't see a
purpose to use it out side of BeanUtils.

I've run the build and all the tests regression very well. I inspected the unit tests, but
I don't have anything to add to what already there. Since this is a simple refactor, nothing
new is required.

Using WinCVS I have diff'ed it and I can see the changes made to RowSetDynaClass and ResultSetDynaClass,
but JDBCDynaClass is identified as a non-cvs file and is not showing up in the diff. What
do I need to do to get the diff in order.

Once I get the diff created properly, what do I need to do to move this along?

~~George