commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Caswell" <ste...@caswell.name>
Subject RE: [dbutils] propose adding getResultSetMetaData to DbUtils.ResultSetHandler
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2003 23:51:36 GMT
But that would be up to the class implementing ResultSetHandler. Having the
operation in the interface would simply allow a caller to get an instance of
some ResultSetMetaData, however the implementing class handler choses to
provide it. In the test I wrote, I had the implementing class grab the RSMD
instance from the RS as the first thing done in the handle method, and the
instance of RSMD returned by the RS was intact after the RS was closed.

Steven Caswell
steven@caswell.name
a.k.a Mungo Knotwise of Michel Delving