commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: help - multiple location of commons releases
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:01:39 GMT
On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Craig R. McClanahan <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:

>> > -1 on removing the nightly builds directory
>> > (jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/).
>>
>> But shouldn't that be on cvs.apache.org?  Again, rewrite rules are
>> your friend for people using the old URLs.
>>

> They already are, thanks to rewrite rules :-).

So there is no reason to keep the old physical locations 8-)

> But there are *lots* of references in the world to the original
> URLs, and we don't want to violate that.

Of course not.

<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ant/nightly/>
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.5.1/bin/>
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.4/src/>

all still work (and redirect to three different virtual hosts), even
though you won't find an ant or jakarta-ant directory under
jakarta.apache.org.

I think Jeff's proposal was to stop using and communicating the old
URLs, not to make them non-functional.

Stefan