commons-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [logging] Class Loading Problems
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:59:07 GMT
Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>>can I add myself to logging comiters list and fix this problem ?
>
> No, you can't make yourself a committer.  You are welcome to open bug

A commons committer can participate in any common component.

If you check in something and other people disagree - they can -1 it.

>>It is not possible to solve all problems with current API.
>
> That sounds very determined.  I disagree, but I'm not interested enough
> to get into a debate.

There is no need for a debate. Most likely changes to the API that are not
backward compatible will get a quick -1.

We can allways improve the API - but I suggest individual proposals and
good arguments :-)
For example - I wouldn't support the 24 new methods in Log, but I would
be +1 on adding a LogRecord class. There are multiple opinions about
everything, but we can probably find middle ground.

Costin