commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CLI] new design possibly?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 08:55:28 GMT

John Keyes wrote, On 06/02/2003 0.58:
> I have grown disgruntled with CLIs current design so I have done
> some thinking on the matter (BTW, I know I should have done
> this before a 1.0 release).  Before I finish working on it
> I thought I'd seek comments from you guys.  Check out the
> class diagram at http://www.integralsource.com/cli/datatype.gif
> and let me hear your comments.

Just a note about CLI.

Avalon has worked with Jakarta Commons so that we are able to move the
projects that now rely on Excalibur CLI to Commons CLI, so remember your
customers ;-)

One point that we would like to see is that commons logging is never a
*hard* dependency. That means that if commons logging is not in the
classpath, the package should be able to work correctly, even if with
logging disabled.

Furthermore, there is a patch for a completely reflective version of
CLI. What's the status of that?

Thanks :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -