commons-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: A new VOTE list commoons-vote
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:27:38 GMT
Ortwin Gl├╝ck wrote:

> -1
>
> Filtering can be done in most mail clients if the right subject prefixes
> are used. A separate list is not necessary.
>
> i.e. use [VOTE][Codec] and not just [VOTE]
>
> for votes interesting for all projects you could use [VOTE][COMMONS] or
> [VOTE][ALL] or similar

I agree with Craig and others who point that vote should be where the
developers are - if someone is interested in the development of a component,
he should track the dev list.

I do think it is bad to abuse the mail filtering and subject line parsing.

I remain +1 on spliting the commons list based on component, with votes and
discussions on that component going to the component list.

Costin