commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [logging] Class Loading Problems
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:59:47 GMT

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Juozas Baliuka wrote:

> It is not my opinion about logging, but this problem exists and reported a
> few times for logging and lang
> (possible it nothing about this in bugzilla). Some solutions were
> proposed a few months ago too.
>
> I have "karma" on commons, but as I understand I need to ask active
> commiters before to add myself to status.html  and commit something.
> Do I need to submit diff files and wait for response first ?

I imagine the best thing to do would be to drive discussion on it and
volunteer to implement the solution. I'm not sure if there's any hard and
fast rule about adding yourself to a status.html, but for a design/major
change as this would be, I'd definitely expect the person involved to be
discussing the problem first.

Or solve it in a sandbox, and then broach the discussion before
committing.

For something like a typo fix, or making a broken Test case work, I think
any Commons committer ought to be able to hop in and make the fix, leaving
a note on the window-sill.

Hen