commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [dbutils] public access to ResultSetHandler
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:29:53 GMT

I'm happy to make this public in the current development version of
dbutils. This is partly because I believe any unreleased software has the
right to go and utterly change it in the future, so the users are
accepting that risk [not as if forking a private version of dbutils is
going to be stunningly painful to manage if need be]. [ie, no backwards
compatibility worries until a first alpha, and even then not major worries
until the 1.0 release].

What do you think Juozas?

Additionally, my vote is for having the Connection parameter at the front
there and not hidden in thread locals. It complicates things I think to do
otherwise.

Hen

On 21 Feb 2003, george stewart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could the developers elaborate on reasons for having package access to the interface
ResultSetHandler?