commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [collections] SequencedMultiMap
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:17:36 GMT

I want a SequencedMultiMap. It ought to be created by:

Map smm = new SequencedMap( new MultiMap( new HashMap() ) )

but all we have are the un-reusable:

MultiHashMap and SequencedHashMap.

[This also breaks the Collections spec, as passing a collection in is
meant to imply a copy, so it'd need to be:

SequencedMap.wrap( MultiMap.wrap( new HashMap() ) ); ]

I'm sure I've grumbled about this before, but am unsure what the view was.

Does anyone mind me rewriting MultiHashMap/SequencedHashMap so they have
wrap methods and so they extend ProxyMap?

I'd prefer to rename them then too. This however causes obvious
deprecation issues. It seems that I should deprecate the current HashMap
versions and create new ones.

Any preferences?

Hen