commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [codec] RE: Base64.java
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:56:21 GMT

The concept of setting flags etc seems to be quite poor OO. Maybe I'm not
understanding things properly though.

Shouldn't it be a classic FactoryMethod pattern?

Base64Utils
Base64 interface

hidden classes:

RFCBase64
OtherBase64
JimsBase64

and then:

Base64Utils->

public static Base64 RFCBase64 = new RFCBase64().
...etc..

??

Hen