commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject [beanutils] 1.6 breaks Jelly and Maven - update
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 11:15:27 GMT
It looks like v1.32 of BeanUtils caused the problem.

Here's the (massive) setProperty method code I think (but haven't tested)
causes the issue:

            } else if (ConvertUtils.lookup(value.getClass()) != null) {
                newValue = ConvertUtils.convert(value.toString(), type);
            } else {

The toString() call on value doesn't make any sense to me, as the
converter should be able to handle any object not just strings.

I'll make the change locally and retest/repost.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au