commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject [configuration] What do we need to do for a 1.0 release?
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 16:30:32 GMT
Hi,
I'd like to see a commons-configuration 1.0 release.  Even an Alpha or a
Beta would be fine.  I'm willing to help to see this release happen.  So
what do we need to do?

As far as I can tell, there have been no code changes for a couple of
weeks.  A couple of people have posted new code submissions, and I
entered them as enhancement requests into Bugzilla.

So what are the next steps?  I've read the Decisions page, including:

Release Plan
A release plan is used to keep all volunteers aware of when a release is
desired, who will be the release manager, when the repository will be
frozen to create a release, and other assorted information to keep
volunteers from tripping over each other. Lazy majority decides each
issue in a release plan.

And the Maven page on the release process at
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/development/release-process.html

But I'm uncertain as to the next step.  Do we need to create a
configuration 1.0 release plan?  Appoint a release manager?  Or have the
above been done already?

Thanks ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics