commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: help - multiple location of commons releases
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 09:45:53 GMT
On Friday, February 14, 2003, at 03:27 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Jeffrey Dever wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, so even though www.apache.org and jakarta.apache.org are served
>> from the same physical machines, we are to keep two binary and source
>> repositories up to date with new releases? Why isn't one just a softlink
>> of the other?
>
> +1. I've not done a release since the mirroring thing, but it seems
> painful. Has the deployment documentation been updated for projects? I
> tend to dutifully follow both the Commons and Taglibs deployment routines.
>
> Other than a symlink, why not just cron a copy somehow.

i was considering updating the release documentation but really a
discussion about release procedures is probably in order first. i'll
volunteer to update them afterwards if a consensus forms.

for the latest releases i've cut, i've added them only to the mirrored
directories. i've also also tried to follow the apache mirroring
guidelines. i've added instructions to the commons release directory
telling people to obtain them through the mirrors. the reason why i haven'
t added them to the commons directory is that i want to encourage
downloads from mirrors since this reduces the strain on the apache
infrastructure.

- robert