commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Walker" <r...@ascert.com>
Subject Not sure how active the VFS project is ...
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:30:21 GMT
We're playing around internally with various VFS type solutions (including
those in jEdit and Netbeans).

Ideally we're looking for something more free-standing, so the Jakarta one
at first glance looks like it may be helpful.

As an aside, we've created our own "remote file system" interface for a
specific case, and managed to "plug" this into a standard JFileChooser thru
creation of our own FileSystemView and RemoteFile objects. It means you
can pop up standard swing style choosers, for remote file systems. If we
look at VFS further, maybe this would be of interest to the project.

All things dependent, of course, of time to look into VFS further!

-- Rob

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com
+44 (0)20 7488 3470