commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: help - multiple location of commons releases
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:24:34 GMT
Here are my suggestions for commons regarding release processes:

1) All release packages should be copied to
www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons to allow for mirroring.
2) jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons should be deprecated,
removed or replaced with a softlink or a forward
3) single inclusive release package.  There should be only one release
package that contains the license, jar, source, documentation and all
other files for building and using the component.
4) the binary jar should be uploaded to ibiblio (need to deal with
license issue)

Robert,
I have a release guide for httpclient.  It is based on the commons one,
but more complete and accurate (I hope).  Its kept in xml form in the
repository but is on the website in maven generated form:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/releases.html