commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jexl] commons website
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:38:52 GMT
On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 08:14 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 07:55 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:
>>

>>> I think the Commons website is slowly gravitating to a project not
>>> having
>>> a link to its siblings. So +1 to removing the nav-bar elements linking
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> Are you planning to remove the other elements? Community, Chart etc?
>>
>> i hadn't really given it much thought until you asked :)
>>
>> some of the stuff might be useful but it'd need grouping under new
>> headings.
>
> I think it's more a problem of all the other Commons projects with
> maven/forrest like l&f's. I mailed a proposed basic info-arch to Jakarta
> General, but I suspect that I'm the only one with an itch for information
> architecture. I really need to quit this coding lark and go learn to be a
> librarian.
>
> As Commons is getting a bit more varied as a group, simplifying the
> Commons site makes sense. Maintaining labelling and a common-set of
> required information is still needed though.

i'm not sure whether we've been walking a bit at cross purposes (or not).
i was talking about just the jexl website. (this has a copy of the commons
nav-bar.) i'm like the actual commons site the way it is now :)

i agree that some guidelines for the websites of maven/centipede generated
components would be useful but i don't think that there's much chance of
generating interest or consensus on a mailing list. maybe adding a
document to the website would be a better plan. i - for one - would be
likely to measure the site against a set of good practices when creating a
basic website for a new component or when creating a new release for an
existing component.

- robert