commons-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject [vfs] Re: Not sure how active the VFS project is ...
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:49:11 GMT

Hi,

It's been pretty active the last few weeks, after a long idle period.  I'm
hoping to find time to get a release out soonish.

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 02:30 pm, Rob Walker wrote:

> As an aside, we've created our own "remote file system" interface for a
> specific case, and managed to "plug" this into a standard JFileChooser thru
> creation of our own FileSystemView and RemoteFile objects. It means you
> can pop up standard swing style choosers, for remote file systems. If we
> look at VFS further, maybe this would be of interest to the project.

Definitely.  Even if you don't go with vfs, I'd love to steal this and port to
vfs.

> All things dependent, of course, of time to look into VFS further!

Please do check it out.  However, the website is quite out-of-date.  There are
a bunch of changes I'm hoping to apply over the weekend.

--
Adam