commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why isn't Commons all one release
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:33:48 GMT

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Robert Simmons wrote:

> Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:44:36 +0100
> From: Robert Simmons <derisor@arcor.de>
> To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Why isn't Commons all one release
>
> As I look through the Jakarta commons package, it seems to me that this package
> should be all one release. For the developers, integration would be easier. For
> the users, they could download one release that had a binary of all of the
> components in commons. Why has this not been done up to now?

You can see my attempt at setting up the machinery for this in the "combo"
package under jakarta-commons.  The idea was to combine your favorite
tagged versions of all the released packages into a single JAR -- you can
override the individual per-package tags to suit your desires, but the
basic theory was that the checked-in build script would always grab the
latest release of each.  (At the moment the default tags are slightly
behind the times; I will fix that shortly).

As an extra added benefit, it also builds integrated Javadocs as well.

> -- Robert

Craig