commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net] action items
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 23:03:42 GMT

In message <m3r8aivydq.fsf@beholder.brekke.org>, Jeffrey D. Brekke writes:
>I did a bit of housekeeping with the project docs, updating the site
>with the new repo and stuff and pushed a new Commons/Net site out.
>All worked well and was pushed to the correct location.  One other bit

Great.

>of housekeeping, should the
>/www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/net directory be removed now?

I don't see any reason why not.  It was just a temporary symbolic link
for the duration of the shuffle.  I just removed it.  We could add a
.htaccess file with a redirect, but I doubt there are enough pages out
there linking to Net in the sandbox to bother.

daniel

Pending
[ ] Decide on release number, discuss if there's anything we need or
    want to do before packaging a release (and do these things if any).
[ ] Call a vote for first release.
[ ] Call a vote to make Steve Cohen a committer.

Completed
[x] Grant dfs and brekke commit privileges. (pmc)
[x] Move cvs repository from sandbox to commons proper. (dfs)
[x] Move project pages from sandbox to commons proper. (henri,dfs)
[x] Update Commons project pages to point to commons instead of
     sandbox. (henri)
[x] Update gump descriptors. (dfs)
[x] Add Bugzilla entry. (craigmcc)
[x] Write up announcement regarding promotion, add to news.xml
    in jakarta-site2, email announcements@jakarta
    and perhaps general@jakarta as well. (dfs)
[x] Submit news item to newsletter announcing promotion but also
     summarizing near-term goals. (dfs)
[x] Update Commons Net docs and site. (brekke)