commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net] action items
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 04:37:05 GMT

I added an announcement to jakarta-site2/xdocs/site/news.xml, emailed
an announcement to announcements@jakarta and commons-user and submitted
a newsletter item to general@jakarta.  Feel free to tweak the
announcements.  I just wrote something up quickly while I had some
time.

I think we've gotten all of the immediate promotion activity out of the
way.  The next thing to do is to talk about what should go into the first
release.  I'll defer to someone else to start that discussion since I'm
swamped for the next week.

[x] Grant dfs and brekke commit privileges. (pmc)
[x] Move cvs repository from sandbox to commons proper. (dfs)
[x] Move project pages from sandbox to commons proper. (henri,dfs)
[x] Update Commons project pages to point to commons instead of
    sandbox. (henri)
[x] Update gump descriptors. (dfs)
[x] Add Bugzilla entry. (craigmcc)
[x] Write up announcement regarding promotion, add to news.xml
    in jakarta-site2, email announcements@jakarta
    and perhaps general@jakarta as well. (dfs)
[x] Submit news item to newsletter announcing promotion but also
    summarizing near-term goals. (dfs)
[ ] Decide on release number, discuss if there's anything we need or
    want to before packaging a release (and do these things if any).
[ ] Call a vote for first release.
[ ] Call a vote to make Steve Cohen a committer.

daniel