commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net] action items
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 02:03:04 GMT

I updated the gump descriptors, cutting and pasting.  Leveraging the
time I've spent lurking on alexandria-dev and now gump¸ I got gen.sh
to work and built commons-net, verifying my descriptor changes with
  update.sh jakarta-ant
  build.sh bootstrap-ant
  update.sh jakarta-commons
  build.sh commons-net
It's a good thing disk is cheap because this resulted in over 100 MB
of artifacts ...

[x] Get dfs and brekke commit privileges.
[x] Move cvs repository from sandbox to commons proper.
[x] Move project pages from sandbox to commons proper.
[ ] Update Commons project pages to point to commons instead of sandbox.
[ ] Write up announcement regarding promotion, add to news.xml
    in jakarta-site2, email announcements@jakarta
    and perhaps general@jakarta as well.
[ ] Submit news item to newsletter announcing promotion but also
    summarizing near-term goals.
[x] Update gump descriptors.
[ ] Decide on release number, discuss if there's anything we need or
    want to before packaging a release (and do these things if any).
[ ] Call a vote for first release.
[ ] Call a vote to make Steve Cohen a committer.