commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [net] is promoted to the commons
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 21:00:10 GMT

In message <>, robert burr
ell donkin writes:
>you and Daniel are now entitled to commons karma (but you might need to
>ask someone to get it).

I'll send a request in a minute to the PMC cc'ed to commons-dev asking
for Jeff and myself to be added to the avail entry for jakarta-commons.

>i'd say that the first job needs to be moving the code from the sandbox to
>the commons repository.

I just moved the directory in the repository (I get the creepy crawlies
whenever I directly alter a CVS repository; I hope Subversion handles
this situation in a safer manner) and did a successful
  cvs co jakarta-commons/net
Anyone with a checkout of jakarta-commons-sandbox/net should either do
a fresh checkout or
  find -name "Repository" | xargs \
  perl -pi -e 's/jakarta-commons-sandbox/jakarta-commons/'
in their current check out.

>you also need to update the net's presence on the commons website. if you
>need any help, both henri and i have daedelus karma and experience of the
>website so shout if you need any help.

I'm operating on a time lag since I subscribe to the digest, so I'll
volunteer now but wait a bit to see if someone else wanted to do it.

>oh yes - i'd also recommend creating an entry announcing the move and
>describing the project in the jakarta newsletter. (but you'll need to

Ditto here.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message