commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [beanutils] 1.6.1 release? [WAS Re: [beanutils] 1.6 release breaks Maven and Jelly - fixed!]
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 01:52:22 GMT

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:43:22 +0000
> From: robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: [beanutils] 1.6.1 release? [WAS Re: [beanutils] 1.6 release
>     breaks Maven and Jelly - fixed!]
>
> for this to be of any use to maven, it will need to be done quickly.
>
> if people are in agreement that a special 1.6.1 release with the aim of
> fixing this problem for maven and jelly is worthwhile, i'll volunteer to
> act as release manager.
>
> my plan would be to create a branch ASAP and moved as quickly as possible
> to a release without fixing any other problems which emerge.

Robert,

Given no feedback from Tim, and some more testing on my part, I feel
pretty comfortable with doing a BeanUtils 1.6.1 release to pick up this
fix.

At the same time, could I impose on you to do a Digester 1.4.1 as well?  I
totally botched the fix for 16233, which broke anyone trying to use
write-only properties (this was the issue discussed on COMMONS-USER
today).

Thanks!

> - robert

Craig