commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EL] Promotion to jakarta-commons?
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:43:56 GMT

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:27:56 -0500 (EST)
> From: Henri Yandell <bayard@generationjava.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Cc: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe@Sun.COM>
> Subject: Re: [EL] Promotion to jakarta-commons?
>

> +1 to Rod's view. For example, which projects use this?

Today, JSP 2.0 uses it (i.e. Tomcat 5) -- in fact, that's where this code
originally came from :-).  The next version of JSTL will also use it.
It's also available for use by any other project that wants to have
absolute consistency with the JSP 2.0 definition of the expression
language.

> Is this the same as Jakarta Standard Taglib's EL implementation?

Originally based on that, but the JSP 2.0 version of the EL has some
additional capabilities, which the next version of JSTl will synchronize
with.

> Hen

Craig