commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EL] Promotion to jakarta-commons?
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 14:37:58 GMT
I'm +1 on moving [EL] to commons proper, but -1 on promoting components
this casually.  If this is meant to be a binding vote on promoting EL, it
ought to be on a [VOTE] thread, and include a proposal that "identif[ies]
the rationale for the package, its scope, its interaction with other
packages and products, the Commons resources, if any, to be created, the
initial source from which the package is to be created, the coding
conventions used for the package (if different from the Sun coding
conventions), and the initial set of committers." (#17 at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/charter.html).

 - Rod

(who's generally not this anal in real life)