commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject [Jelly] Proposal new xml tag xml:entity
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 15:40:09 GMT
Hi everyone,

Was looking at the jsl stuff in maven yesterday and one of the things
that isn't working, is using entities that are not known (logical, but
hey). Since we normally use xml to output stuff, I had an idea of adding
the xml:entity tag.
it should work like this :
<xml:entity value="copy"/> and this will output &copy; in the document.
I tried every other thing I could think of to get this parsed
(like &amp;copy; but that resolves just like it is typed, also tried
using CDATA for it, but &copy; resolves to &amp;copy;, etc).

Is it ok to add it ? And is xml the correct taglib to put it in ?

mvgr,
Martin